Frequently Asked Questions about ForMinistry.com TransitionQ: How do I migrate my ForMinistry-powered website to a new website platform?
A: Here is a quick overview of the main steps you will need to do:
- Select a new website platform that you like; for ease of use, we suggest one of the following:
- OurChurch.com (easy-to-use Web Builder, friendly tech support, free & paid features)
- SiteOrganic.com (unlimited design choices, training resources, tech support by phone & email)
- Weebly.com (drag-and-drop site editor, free & paid features)
- Get more info about these platforms
- Copy-and-paste your current website content onto the new website you create at the new website platform
- When you’ve completed your migration, post an announcement on the home page of your ForMinistry-powered website with a link to the new website and update all your church communications to refer to the new website address
Q: How much will it cost to run a church website?
Q: Why have you selected the three providers listed instead of going with some of the other providers in this market?
A: There are plenty of options to choose from and we encourage you to find the best service provider to fit your needs. The providers we recommend have a long-term track record and reputation for providing quality web services at no cost or for reasonable fees. That being said, we cannot guarantee they will fully satisfy all of your needs and encourage you to find the best service provider accordingly.
Q: How do I keep my domain name currently associated with my FM website?
A: This will depend on where your domain name is registered. If your domain name is registered with GetYourChurchDomain.com, login and go to Domain Manager to update your domain name settings to point to your new website hosted at a different website platform. Be sure you’ve completely migrated your content to the new website platform first. For instructions on how to change your domain’s name servers, see getyourchurchdomain.com/domain-control-panel/faq.aspx#sFaq3
Q: How do I keep my website content? Can I download all of the content from my FM website?
A: All you need to do to keep a copy of your content is to use the Copy-and-Paste command on your computer, browse to each of your website’s web pages, and copy over your content onto another website platform or into a document saved on your desktop.
Alternatively, you can use the “File > Save Page as” feature in your web browser. Use the pull down menu as shown in the following screen shots –
In Chrome, use File > Save Page As…
In Firefox, use File > Save Page As…
In Microsoft Internet Explorer, use File > Save As…
For detailed step-by-step instructions for Microsoft Internet Explorer in Windows Vista, go to windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/save-a-webpage-as-a-file
For the more technically inclined, you may try using a website crawler program like HTTrack Website Copier to mirror your website’s content in a more automated process.
Q: What free digital tools do you have available for Bible engagement?
A: We have several sites that can help you and your audience engage the Bible more regularly.
- BIBLE SEARCH: Reach your audience where they are and offer them a Bible Search tool. Contains 400 versions of the Bible in 300 different languages (new versions and languages added regularly). Allows your audience to search and read the Bible directly from your site. Bible Search widget, API, and highlighter can be quickly and easily added to various websites for free. tools.bibles.org
- SCRIPTURE JOURNEYS: Sign up for one of our free Scripture journeys. Simply enter your email or send a text to start engaging with the Word of God no matter where you are. Each day's message will contain a Scripture passage as well as a commentary message for you to better understand the passage. american-bible-society.biblejourneys.org
- JOURNEY 2.0: Engage your audience by creating customizable Scripture devotionals to help your audience make reading the Bible a daily habit. Easily share the Bible with them through SMS or email at no charge to your church or ministry. biblejourneys.org
Q: How do I get additional help?
A: Go to the ForMinistry Support Forums at support.forministry.com for self-serve help.